Saturday, February 18, 2012

the secret art of omelette making


This morning I made five omelette using a step by step instruction from Julia Child's book From Julia Child's Kitchen. First I cracked two eggs, one of which I cracked with such force, that it almost immediately exploded in my face covering me with yolk (That delayed me quite a bit).
I then beat the egg with a fork in a metal mixing bowl quite thoroughly until it all
looked like yolk.Before I pored it in I put in a tablespoon of butter on the pan and swirled it around until it completely covered the entire surface of the pan. You know the butter is ready when there is no froth remaining (or not much). I waited a few seconds until a film of coagulated egg formed.
Then to spread the egg completely I lifted the pan up and shook it side to side for a few seconds.
Then I jerked the egg. I lifted the pan up and jerked it to and fro and when it was close to the rim I gave it an upward jolt to flip it.
It was delicious! My dog enjoyed the one that I dropped on the floor.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Owen,
    I love reading your blog and your adventuress in the kitchen. It seems like you already know more than I do! Let me know when you make dessert!
    Love,
    China

    ReplyDelete