Friday, March 2, 2012

Interview with Chef Giancarlo and dinner at Loconda Del Borgo

Yesterday I went to Loconda Del Borgo to interview Chef Giancarlo, a Sicily native and a very kind man, with a great restaurant and amazing food. The interview was relatively short and uncomfortable and it forced me to create new questions. However after the interview we had my moms post birthday supper and the food was quite literally to die for.
Mom's cioppini for her pre-birthday supper.
Beet salad with frisee, walnuts and goat cheeseMy grandpa Baba's lamb ragu
Ravioli filled with spinach ricotta and topped with a sage cream sauce
Here I am enjoying the ravioli's.

I took this picture back in the kitchen before the food went out.
Giancarlo and I
Interview on March 2nd, at 4:45 PM
How long have you been cooking?
I started in 1985
What was the first thing you remember cooking?
The first thing I remember cooking professionally was large amounts of food. I can't remember the first thing I made.
How did you become interested in cooking?
From the very beginning, my mom was a very good cook.
What is your favorite recipe?
I don't know, pasta?
Would you suggest cooking as a job to others?
Absolutely
Do you enjoy cooking?
Absolutely
When you were growing up, did you have a cooking mentor? If so, who?
My Grandmother
What type of cooking do you enjoy cooking most?
Italian
What is the hardest part of cooking for you?
Long hours standing
Where did you go to school for cooking?
I didn't go to school for cooking, I went to school for architecture.
What was the biggest influence for your cooking?
In Italy, life revolves around food.
When did you get your first restaurant?
My first restaurant? Thirty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment